Very sad to report that there was a stabbing incident in the Palace car park last night, with two men killed and one in a 'critical but stable' condition in hospital. The incident spilled out onto the road, and as a consequence not even walkers (nor buses) are allowed there, and quite a large area around the Palace has been cordoned off.

The incident was apparently drugs-related, and happened following an event a the Palace, judging by the Palace's News Statement.

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Such awful news - I had no idea until I looked at APN and saw this post. Things do feel a bit out of control with numbers of stabbings among young people rising so dramatically this year. Austerity, police cut backs - I'd expect all those things to have an impact. But I'd really like to hear what people think should be done.  After all, Glasgow used to be the murder capital of Europe but through careful collaborative work the city has managed to turned things around.

• The road has now re-opened

• The BBC has this to report:

In the attack [amongst others in London at the weekend] on Alexandra Palace Way, Haringey, a 19-year-old man was arrested near to the scene on suspicion of affray. He was taken into custody at a north London police station.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43781191

Two stabbed to death within 40 minutes
    A woman in her 30s and a 26-year-old man both died on Sunday after being stabbed in separate attacks.
This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.