Palace Gates summer fete has been held every year for the last 6 years, and we'd like to do it again this year. We have a date when the excellent regular local band - The Three Deuces - are free: Sunday 18th June. There will be some pressures on our regular helpers this year, and some possible absences, so to make it work we do need some more helpers this year, on the day, and with some of the preparations.

Beforehand, we need some people to look after plants and grow them on to be ready for sale on the plant stall; on the day, help with setting up the gazebos, and running the plant, cake, refreshment and children's games stalls. So if you've enjoyed the fete in the past, or would like to come and find out how it works, please think about giving us a few hours of your time, to make it a success. It's a fairly smooth operation, but there's nevertheless a good deal to do.

The proceeds from the fete go towards the work of Palace Gates Residents Association, mainly to support the street gardening projects at the Triangle and at the Albert Road/Crescent Road junction. (See the PGRA website at http://www.palacegatesra.info/)

You can get in touch with us by a reply to this post, or by a personal message to me (Alex King) on this site.

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I can donate some courgette, squash and pumpkin plants that I don't have room for at my allotment. I'll drop them off on Sunday when the team are setting up.

• That's wonderful, thanks very much.

• Hi Alex, I could do some plant nurturing/potting on etc...

• Thanks for these plant care offers. The more the merrier as it allows us to cope with more stock. There'll be plug-plants coming in late April. We'll sort out distribution nearer the time.

• Great, look fwd to hearing from you then Alex! (Susie has my number)

• I'd like to help out with the children's art and crafts stall as in previous years, so sign me up!

• Thanks a lot Susie, that's great.

We could also seriously use some people to take in a few small plants in the spring and grow them on, so if anyone can help with that, please let me know.

• I'm good for 3 or 4 geraniums, or something equivalently hardy.

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.