Replies

• I don't know if this is the same cat, but there is this listing of a found tabby & white cat in Clyde Rd N22, Alexandra Park area. The cat has been seen crying and sleeping in people's porches for about a month. Also sore tail. Fortunately the finder has taken the cat in safely and has also taken the cat to the vet to be checked for a microchip. She is female and semi long haired. Unfortunately she is not microchipped. 3377076?profile=RESIZE_320x3203377146?profile=RESIZE_320x320

• Thanks Justine. Very good advice

• Well done. If the cat isn't microchipped, you could put a paper collar on the cat with your contact number. If the cat goes back home you should get a call from his/her owners and then you can give them the general advice previously detailed, including telling them that their cat is getting out the front on to the roadside which is risky.

3376959?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• 3377094?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Thanks for that. The cat is no longer around although I have looked. I did do a search in all those places but came up with nothing. I am hoping she went home

• Well done for helping the cat. If you can, take a close up photo.

Yes it's risky if a cat is out the front on the road due to the danger of cars plus not everyone is friendly to cats. As you know, it's much better for a cat to have catflap access to a back garden. Also cats should be safe inside at night. The cat may have got lost or got out the front by mistake.

Hopefully the cat is neutered and microchipped. You could get the cat scanned at the vets to see if microchipped, any vet will do it for free. Hopefully the cat is microchipped which makes it easy to contact any owner. The vet will also be able to advise if the cat needs neutering which is vital.

I have notified Stokey Cats and Dogs as they are good at helping with lost and found pets and there are useful tips on their website

You can also register details of lost and found pets on Animal Search

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.