I have reported loud music coming from a parked car in the lay-by on Bedford Road by the entrance to Alexandra Palace several nights over this past week to the 101police switchboard and the Haringey Noise service.

A car, with passengers usually arrive at about 10pm and can continue with the music pounding until midnight or beyond - last night it was until 1.30am. They appear to have drinks perched on top of the car roof, and smokes, according to my neighbour who had a better view than I, and says he can identify them. He also managed to get a reg number which I reported.

I have tried the Haringey noise team, but my first couple of reports fell on deaf ears, as apparently there was no team on duty. I finally spoke to someone last night and was told I’d get a call in half an hour. However, after an hour and a half I called back as suggested by the lady on the 101 switchboard. I then did get a call-back from them and was told it would be investigated.

It takes me ages to get through to the 101 number - over 15 minutes last night, and the whole business is really stressful.

I’m not sure what happened last night - whether the noise team or a squad car arrived to move them on, or whether at 1.30am they just stopped partying and went home.

Does anyone have advice?

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.