Trees local and around the Borough

Interested in Trees around you? The Tottenham Trees website has a link to Tree Trails around the borough including ones for Alexandra Park, Albert Rec,, Palace Gates Residents Association Area and many more. Look at on the website or download the TICL app onto your smart phone.

Tottenham Trees Website link here

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am interested in the trees around me but am particularly worried about the diseased Horse Chestnuts in Alexandra Park. A whole swathe of them along Alexandra Park Way is completely devastated. Do you happen to know what the park authorities have in mind for them? If they have to come down there will be awful gaps in tree cover for many years.

• Most of these trees will survive perfectly well, but they lose their leaves earlier in the year due to the Horse Chestnut leaf miner moth caterpillar.

This might weaken the trees over the long term and make them more susceptible to a more serious disease - a canker that may kill the trees.

If you walk down from the Rose Garden you can find 4 different species of Horsechestnut. "Our" Horsechestnut, a hybrid red horsechesnut, an Indian Horsechestnut and Yellow Buckeye. All apart from our horsechestnut are resistant to the leaf miner.

• Thanks a lot for that, Stephen. I'll keep an eye out next time I walk through the park near the Rose Garden.

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.