Update on #allypallygate

Great Northern, regrettably, have pressed ahead with their decision to close the gate on the Alexandra Palace Station footbridge .  This is despite the clear and unequivocal opposition of the local community 

However, Great Northern have agreed, in principle, to meet with local councillors to discuss this.  Still, their tactics suggest they are hoping for the disquiet to subside.  Therefore, it remains vital that the local community continues to put pressure on them.

If you have not already signed our petition, which is accessible on the website of Catherine West MP, please do so.  The petition is accessible at the link below:

http://catherinewest-labourclp97.nationbuilder.com/petition_to_great_northern_rail

Cllr Liz McShane and I intend to collect more signatures for the paper version outside the station.

Many have taken to social media to express their frustrations.  This is a particularly effective approach to campaigning.  The campaign Twitter hashtag is #allypallygate.

If you have any thoughts about this, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at james.patterson@haringey.gov.uk, or Liz at liz.mcshane@haringey.gov.uk.  

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There is a Lib Dem petition as well. You may want to sign that one too. The more pressure from more quarters, the more chance it will be given serious consideration. Below is the  extract from the letter Lib Dem supporters got:

Ticket barriers will come into operation at Alexandra Palace Station next Monday. Govia Thameslink has been delaying this decision due to opposition from local residents, station users and your local Lib Dem team. You can sign our petition here.

The introduction of the barriers will mean that passengers accessing the station from the Bedford Road entrance will need to walk the length of the bridge, go into the ticket office and go through the barriers to reach the platforms.

Your local Lib Dem Councillor Dave Beacham and I will continue to urge Govia Thameslink to change their minds and allow access onto the platforms via the bridge. We urge you to complete the petition here.

Best wishes,

Nicholas da Costa
    Alexandra Liberal Democrats

• Thanks Indijana - I've signed this one too.

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.