Dear All,

I am sure that you have heard that Albert Road Recreation Ground has lost its Green Flag status following a mystery shopper report by Keep Britain Tidy. The Park has now been downgraded to Red, which means that there are sginficant concerns about the park. A number of other parks across Haringey have also recieved red notices. However, the reports have still not been released by the Council.

Your local Councillors are working with Friends of Albert Road Recreation Ground to get the Council to publish the report - but so far the Council have refused to publish the report following a request by Cllr Bob Hare (Highgate Ward and Parks Spokesperson), and also rejected a Freedom of Information request (FOI request). So that we are able to see what the recommendations and concerns of Keep Britain Tidy are, so that we can work together with the Council to ensure that Albert Road Rec can once again be a Green Flag park.

Once we recieve copies of the report we will be sharing with all interested.

Best wishes

Nick

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi All,

the report has now been published and RS raises some valid concerns which Alessandra, Josh and I are liaising with the council on.

you can see copies of the report below and I’ll keep you Update. 

Best wishes

nick 

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/libraries-sport-and-leisure/parks-and-o...

Green Flag reports 2018 | Haringey Council
    Mystery shopper Green Flag reportsBatch oneThis first batch of reports covers 11 of our parks. Two of these - Downhills and Finsbury Park - were rate…
  • Thanks for posting, Nick. I heard about this a few days ago and it is worrying.

• Indeed! That’s why we really want to get hold of the report and start pressing for action to that our park can be a Green Flag Park again! 

Once we hear, I’ll do an update and share the report.

p.s. No update yet on 20 Crescent Road or Crescent Mews. 

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.