Last post of the day, I promise :)

Safe neighbourhoods is something that is frequently raised when talking with many of you. Unfortunately there is not much that a local authority and your councillors can do, other than joining and raising concerns, as it is all in the hand of the central government but I thought you could find useful the information below and we would like to involve more residents if some of you may want to get involved directly either in your street or in the ward panels. 

To join a Safe neighbourhoods Street network, or to start one, you can follow the instruction on the https://www.ourwatch.org.uk/ website ,where you can check by post address and the site will automatically list all the street with a Watch to join near you and you can also find a form to send to the street local watch coordinator. In addition you can also click on the link to the police website and see the crime area for your map.

If you are interested in joining a Neighbourhood Watch ward panel, these meet quarterly to discuss local crime and safety, and are composed by  your councillors, local resindents associations, local residents and local police team, you can email the ward Safe Neighbourhood Network MET team using the email haringeyalexandra.snt@met.police.uk. or email one of us directly and we can forward your details to the ward panel. 

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just wondering what is happening with this, is the Street network different from Neighbourhood Watch?.  There must be more than one watch active judging by the signs on streets, but are any doing anything

• HI Ralph, I am afraid I am not familiar with teh Street Network. Since the posting there has been a meeting at the Horsney Town Hall with the police with an honest exchange of views and several issues raised by residents and for Alexandra in the specific some residents that have expressed interest in joining the Ward panel have been invited to attend the next panel meeting.

• It was the ourwatch link I followed - it only has one street in our little area. 

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.