Bags of Taste Programme Head, Haringey
Bags of Taste is an innovative behaviour change programme that works with people in food poverty to change the way they cook, shop and eat forever.
We are looking for an organised and enthusiastic home cook with a passion for both cooking and helping others, to run 4-week Bags of Taste courses in Haringey. This is envisaged to take around 2-3 days a week in time commitment.
We have been running successfully in Hackney for over 3 years and have gone on to establish extremely successful branches in Southwark, Waltham Forest, Islington and City of London, as well as Hastings outside of London. We have plans to expand to 3 further London boroughs in the near future. We have now taught over 1,500 students and are continuing to grow.
Please see our website www.bagsoftaste.org for further details about our organisation.
The successful applicant will preferably reside in and have strong local knowledge of Haringey, and social or charitable networks within Haringey. He/she will have strong outreach and interpersonal skills.
You do not need any professional cooking skills but must have a passion for for helping some of the most disadvantaged in society, and an enjoyment of cooking. We can teach the rest – it’s what we do!
We have a carefully designed and rigorous programme that we will provide training and support in. Some of the aspects of this role will include:
- Programme management – overseeing all aspects of the course
- Outreach – recruitment of students locally within Haringey
- Teaching (of cooking). Teaching materials and support are provided
- Volunteer recruitment – volunteers are needed to bag ingredients and help deliver the course. Over time they typically come from the student base
- Volunteer coordination
- Purchase and organisation of ingredients for both the class and ingredients bags (there are systems in place and we will train you)
- Administration, particularly financial (accounting for monies spent)
A competitive rate of compensation is offered. Please send CV in the first instance to email@example.com. Closing date for applications 24th December 2017.