BARNET FURNITURE CENTRE - REUSE and RECYCLING

At the top of Colney Hatch Lane in Friern Barnet we have a really valuable local asset which should be much better known. The Barnet Furniture Centre (4 Queens Parade Close, N11 3FY – tel 020 8361 6802) is a Reuse and Recycling charity (No 1140541) set up in 2011 under what’s called the Third Party Reuse/Recycling initiative. 

Last year BFC recycled just over 100 tons (c £200,000 in sales) of good quality donated furniture and household goods that would otherwise have been thrown away into landfill. That’s the contents of around 200 three-bedroom houses. This year the total will approach around 250.

Stock’s constantly changing - you can see latest arrivals on weekly videos and photos at http://www.facebook.com/barnetfurniturecentre. Take a look for a couple of minutes – if you’re planning to refurnish a room the right piece might just be there waiting for you. BFC can also arrange to collect your unwanted furniture of good standard. Because they are generally very busy they do ask that you supply pictures of unwanted items for appraisal.

Two-tier prices help those on benefits. In addition, BFC has helped many volunteers who have come under local Help-to-Work schemes back into employment. Out of around 40 since 2011, just over half have ended up working for BFC or gone to other jobs. So it has a valuable dual role in the community.

Please see full details at: http://www.barnetfurniturecentre.org/.  Open 9am-5pm except Sunday.

Really worth a visit. See Streetmap link below

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=527674&y=192036&z=0&sv=N11+3FY&st=2&pc=N11+3FY&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3377087?profile=original3377112?profile=original3377130?profile=originalI visited the Barnet Furniture Centre last week and had a wonderful forage around. I nearly managed to find a chest of drawers though in the end it was a little too large for the alcove I had in mind. However, I get the impression that stock turns over pretty quickly and so I could well be lucky in the near future. Highly recommended.

• 3377152?profile=RESIZE_1024x10243377166?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Here are a couple of pictures - it looks like an excellent enterprise.

• What a brilliant local resource Stephen - many thanks for posting.

• Further to my post the other day, here's an offer for anyone reading this post.

If you quote RECYCLE123, you'll qualify for a 20% discount on your first purchase.

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.