Council elections

The turnout in Alexandra Park Ward for this election has once again been the highest in the borough, which is an interesting comment on our engagement with local issues.

Alexandra was always the smallest ward in the borough (in population), which is one reason why it was proposed to abolish the ward. The boundary change has reduced the electorate by very little, and presumably has had no great effect on the election result. We now once more have a mixed-party representation after 2 sitting councillors stepped down following the boundary change to a 2-councillor ward. Last time we had a party mix it was also after sitting councillors stepped down.

After this election, mixed-party representation is now the majority in wards on this side of the borough. Labour has increased its majority on the council as a whole to 50-7.

So welcome to Sarah Elliott our new councillor, and we look forward to hearing from her on the various issues of concern in the ward in due course.

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello and thank you for your welcome, I am very happy to be your new councillor, and I'm very much looking forward to the next four years!

• Thank you very much Alex, and may I take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support and all those who have voted in the local elections, Alexandra Park ward had the highest percentage of voters across Haringey.  I would like to welcome and congratulate Cllr Elliott too, looking forward to work with her in the interest of all residents.

• Thanks Alessandra, I similarly thank everyone for their support, and I look forward to working with you for our ward.

• Congratulations to Allesandra Rossetti and welcome to Sarah Elliott! 

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.