I've sadly heard today that the shop will be closing at the end of August ..... David should be transferred within next few days to rehab centre. The maximum he can stay there is 6 weeks, so he could potentially be home for his birthday. Judy will be putting a sign in the window after weekend once David has been moved. She’s planning on doing a yard sale as all the furniture etc in flat has to go too. If anyone needs to buy anything for stock, future jobs etc, now is the time. Hopefully if David is up to it and at home near his birthday, we hope to have a party for him on the yard. This will be the end of an era, David has run the shop since 1982, it and he will be missed greatly.

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for this, Terry. That's good to hear that Dave will be moving to rehab, but so sad about the shop. What will we do without Crescent Hardware?

• I'm so incredibly sad to hear the shop is closing Terry, but grateful that you have let us know. Dave and his shop have given so much to this neighbourhood and we will be bereft without them both. But pleased to hear about possible plans for a party for Dave in the yard, once he's done his period of rehab.

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.