Dave’s shop

Hi All,

I've had a number of of reports that the old facade has been destroyed at Dave's old shop - whilst Crescent Road is not a conservation area, I agree that this was not part of the original planning permission. 

I have written to planning & building Regs teams to ask for an immediate update on this, and what the plans are for the frontage. 

I will keep you all updated on this

Best wishes

Nick

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just to give a quick update on this vandalism. I have put in a further formal complain to Planning department and asked the enforcement team to urgently visit - I have not yet heard back (as of yesterday), and will chase up on Monday for an update. 

• Hi Nick

A number of people on my road are horrified to see that the shop frontage has been ripped out. Whoever did this should be made to reinstate it. It's a terrible act of sabotage. I also wonder if we can get the remaining shop frontages protected? 

• I completely agree - it is vandalism! I have said in my correspondence to the planning and enforcement teams that the vandals will neeed to put back the front rage to the original. Interesting point about protecting the remaining frontages - I'll do a bit of digging and see what we could do. 

• This is horrible to hear confirmed. I wondered what was going on when I walked past yesterday evening and noticed the metal security shutters infront of Dave's shop. 

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.