Dave’s shop

Hi All,

I've had a number of of reports that the old facade has been destroyed at Dave's old shop - whilst Crescent Road is not a conservation area, I agree that this was not part of the original planning permission. 

I have written to planning & building Regs teams to ask for an immediate update on this, and what the plans are for the frontage. 

I will keep you all updated on this

Best wishes

Nick

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi All,

I've had a further update from the Council on Friday with regards to Dave's shop frontage. 

"The planning agent for the site are awaiting instructions to submit a shopfront application. The client was abroad but expected back last week. It has been unoccupied and locked since we received the complaint but offers haven't been back onsite since being notified of the course of action by the agents probably a month ago. 

In summary the owner is arranging through his planning agent to submit an application for a new shopfront. I have asked for an update on when it will be ready for submission."

I have queried the Council response to me, as based on photos shared with me, some sort of construction work has commenced on a frontage; however not in keeping in what was previously there. I have sent the photos to the Planning Team as based on the current status they should not be commencing with any work whilst the application process is underway. 

Once I've had an update back, I will share here. 

All the best

Nick 

• Hi All,

I've had a further update from the Council on Friday with regards to Dave's shop frontage. 

"The planning agent for the site are awaiting instructions to submit a shopfront application. The client was abroad but expected back last week. It has been unoccupied and locked since we received the complaint but offers haven't been back onsite since being notified of the course of action by the agents probably a month ago. 

In summary the owner is arranging through his planning agent to submit an application for a new shopfront. I have asked for an update on when it will be ready for submission."

I have queried the Council response to me, as based on photos shared with me, some sort of construction work has commenced on a frontage; however not in keeping in what was previously there. I have sent the photos to the Planning Team as based on the current status they should not be commencing with any work whilst the application process is underway. 

Once I've had an update back, I will share here. 

All the best

Nick 

• Is there any update to this, as passing this morning work was being carried out. I still can't find any planning or enforcement notices.

• Dear All,

I've had the below update from the team at Haringey Council. 

I have asked to be kept updated on the next steps. I have also submitted an enquiry (as per below) with regards to what protections can be put in place. 

I will update as soon as I hear more. 

Kind Regards,

Nick 

The managing agents City Homes Estates have been contacted and advised to stop works whist the investigating is underway. A Planning Contravention Notice PCN is being prepared to assist with this process.

The shop is located within a Local Shopping Centre and current planning policy seeks to sustain the retail function of such centres including this instance. Therefore in terms of its use the Council can review how the unit could be used supported by its policy DM43 ‘Local Shopping Centres’ of the DM DPD Local Plan.  

With regards to physical development, having the designation of a conservation area and / or listed building also helps to strengthen the Council’s position against unsympathetic development but in this case the shop is not within a conservation area and the building is not listed. For now the main route to unauthorised development is enforcement against any substantiated harmful alterations etc.

If the residents are interested in finding out how heritage protection can be established for properties like this they can in the first instance submit an enquiry online using this link -  https://eforms.secure.haringey.gov.uk/ufs/CST_BCF.eb?FT=PGE&ebd...  to the council and someone from the conservation team will provide further clarification on what this could entail. I hope this helps.   

• Thanks very much, Nick.

• Thanks, Nick. I have a photo of what the shop used to look like, if that helps.

• 👍🏽

• Thanks Nick for taking up this issue. I was flabbergasted when I saw what had been done to what was a lovely shopfront.

• Thank you Nick. 

• I can't find the planning application on Haringey's website but can we put pressure on the company or people responsible as well as the Council?  This is absolutely awful and we need to make it clear that people can't behave like this with such a lack of respect and care. 

Deirdre

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.