French Language Meetup?

I would like to improve my rusty and very limited French and have heard about 'meetups' where a group of people get together to practise conversation in a foreign language but I am not exactly sure how they work. Would anyone be interested in setting one up locally?

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Apologies. I now can't make the meeting tonight. 

• My duaghter,who has a degree in French and needs to improve it to use at work, can make the date that Stephen suggested on Monday 16. She says she's happy to go to the Maid of Muswell at 8. Please join her if you're interested. Her name is Eilidh. Also please let me know if you can come to the date on the 28th so I can get an idea of numbers if we need to book a table. I will look into starting a local group at the weekend, bit of a techophobe so it takes me some time.

• I can do Monday at the Maid of Muswell too. Thanks.

• I will be there on the 16th.

• So will I.
    • Apologies from me for tonight. I hope to attend at a later date.
    • Thanks. I will let my daughter know. She says she will take a French book with her to make her easy to recognise.

• Will do the same.
    • Will do the same.

• I can't make either dates; good luck with both! But, are we talking about two groups or one? I am at a very rusty beginner level needing basic French conversation. Anyone else like that? 

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.