All - I am preparing the sumission for the Highways Work Plans for next fiscal year. As a reminder this include paving that needs replacing , carriageway that needs resurfacing, street lights that need upgrading, railings/bollards that need replacing/fixing/painting, or rains causing non-urgent problems. Many thanks to those who have been already in touch, if there is anything those reading here for the first time woudl like to include please let me know, toghether with exact locations (e.g. nearest address/stretch of addresses, local landmark etc), as well as photos of the issue that needs resolving where possible. 

If you are aware of any emergency repairs needed such as blocked drains, potholes, damaged/knocked over bollards, paving slabs presenting a trip hazard etc, these can be flagged either directly to me and I will raise them on your behalf, or they can be reported directly to Haringey Council either via email (frontline@haringey.gov.uk) or via the Love Clean Streets app available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store (this works for reporting fly-tipping, overflowing bins and various other issues too). If you email directly please let me know if you do not receive a response so that I can follow up.

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have lived in Curzon Road for 32 years and over the last decade the pavements have become increasingly dangerous in the the entire street, particularly where there are trees.  A number of residents have had falls. 
    Please include this street in you submission. 
    Many thanks. 

• Hi Deborah, thanks for getting in touch. I have checked with Cllr Barnes, as Curzon Road is now Fortis Green ward, and she has confirmed she has added this as there were other requests from the roads.

• The pavements in Outram Rd need doing (especially from about halfway down towards Albert Rd).

Thanks

• Dear Mitch, thank you for highlighting this, I will add it to the list!

• Some Winton Avenue residents (me included) have raised the issue of poor and dangerous paving over the past 2+ years but nothing seems to get done.  The paving is particularly bad on the 'odds' side of the avenue with very obvious trip hazards near to numbers 1 and 3.  Especially dodgy at night as the lighting is poor there.  I believe you once came to inspect the pavements in response to a request from Lizzie Hines who was concerned about children and older people.  My older friends opt to walk on the actual road to avoid parts of the pavement.  It is very definitely time to address the problem.  On the subject of blocked drains, a few weeks ago the council put up signs re gully cleaning but they never showed up to do any work on the designated days, just removed the signs but have not returned.  It almost seems like a ploy to try to convince residents that work is being done because they've suspended parking for a day!

• Dear Julie, many thanks for getting back on this. As you mention both Winton Avenue pavements and road surface has been on the list for at least 3 years. The road resurfacing has been done (... even with the odd paving of a couple if gullies !?!) but the pavements as you observe are still lacking. I have raised the issue this year too, highlight it has been now several years in a row that this is requested. Officers will do a survey on each location and set priorities depending on the status and compared to other location, so I sincerely hope this will be included in next year plan...

• Many thanks for this, Alessandra - and for info about the Love Clean Streets app!

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.