I was given some spring bulbs for Christmas and on the packets it said they could be planted in or before December.  I didn't plant them because it was cold and wet and I didn't fancy sticking my nose outdoors except for essentials. 

Since then it's got much colder and frosty.  Should I still plant them outside, or plant them indoors?

Or is it, in any case, too late to plant them?

The bulbs are snowdrops, bluebells, tulips and erigeron

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the advice from Indijana and Susie.  I shall get out there and start digging

• Wendy, feel the bulbs between your thumb and index finger. If they seem healthy (ie firm and fleshy), try planting them, but a little deeper than you would otherwise. They may flower late or they may just sprout foliage this year, but flower next year. You've nothing to lose. Good luck.

• I'm no gardener but perhaps you should just get them in (outside)  as quickly as you can and see what happens. All I know about tulips is that they do need a blast of frost to get them going in the spring. Good luck!

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.