sorry if this has already been posted, just a a quick remind that under the CIL regulations, 15% of the money collected from new developments must be spent on infrastructure provision in the local area in which the development takes place. This is referred to as the ‘neighbourhood portion’.
Haringey Council is now consulting residents and businesses to help identify potential infrastructure projects that could be funded with the neighbourhood portion of the CIL (in whole or in part).
For our area (Alexandra, Muswell Hill and Fortis Green wards) the neighbourhood portion amounts to £144K (up to £891K if considering current planning applications).
This money can be used to deliver a wide range of local projects, both existing or new. For example:
- Road and footpath improvements
- Tree planting
- New or improved play spaces and facilities
- Community safety measures (eg CCTV, lighting)
- New or improved cycling facilities
- Traffic calming measures
- Improvements to school grounds and buildings
- The improvement of local facilities such as libraries, community centers or sports halls
It is possible to make suggestions through the survey linked below which closes on the 30th of November:
In the meantime if you have any other feedback please get in touch and let us know !