Update from Muswell Hill Methodist Church (MHMC):
Our allocated Syrian refugee families arrive on 7th March
The two 'linked' Syrian families matched to us by the Home Office have said yes to our offer to support them, and the Home Office has told us they will arrive in the UK on Wednesday 7th March.
It is very exciting to have a date after months of planning, but daunting because from that moment our real challenge begins: helping seven people who have suffered through a civil war to make a new life in a strange country where they speak hardly a word of the language. It is a big responsibility but we have a wonderful, large group of volunteers and a valuable network of support from Haringey Council, the GLA, London Citizens and several local charities.
Can you help with final preparations?
We are looking for some final items for our families' house in Tottenham, and some skills. If you can help in any way, please get in touch with us at email@example.com. We need:
Thank you very much!
- Laptop with recent operating system and essential software such as word processing
- Set of six dining chairs
- Four adult coats in new or very good condition: two for women, two for men
- Warm jumpers or fleeces in various sizes for women, men/boys and small children
- Donations towards the cost of new underwear, socks and tights
- Toys for young children aged 11 months and 3 years
- Footballs and maybe some other sports items for boys aged 11 and 16
- Practical skill to wire up a satellite dish to a decoder