All,

there have been a few posts in the past weeks on the history of Alxandra, St Saviuor church and more recently about the Haringey History Fair at Bruce Castle so maybe many woudl also be interested in this last Haringe initaitive / consultation: 

There is a updated draft 'Haringey Heritage List' and includes buidings not already listed or not protected by Conservaton Areas status. The Council is consulting on the list,  and we can also nominate a building or a structure to be included in the list.

Most of the 'Triangle' is not conservation area, see the link below for details, and there aren't many buidings from Alexandra included so far (the old Palace railway station and St Andrews Church).

If any of you is aware of any buiding or structure that has heritage value and coudl be inlcuded (there were mention of a surviving wall of the orginal St Saviuor Church) it would be nice to bring to life the history of the area and nominate an entry. There is time until the 25th of February.

The consultation details and the draft Haringey Heritage List is avaiable in:

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/planning-and-building-control/planning/planning-policy/design-and-conservation/conservation-areas/conservation-consultations

The list of conservation areas is in: 

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/sites/haringeygovuk/files/haringey_conservation_areas_map-2.pdf

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 1243923121?profile=RESIZE_710xAn unusual corner house wedged into the turning on Clyde Road. I've missed the deadline for nominating buildings for the local Heritage List this time round, but I do think this is special.

• Here's the list put together by Crouch End residents:

https://www.crouchendforum.org.uk/local-heritage-list-proposals-and...

Local Heritage List – proposals and nominations
    Another Haringey sponsored consultation for you – an update for the Local Heritage List. On this occasion we’re happy to say there’s opportunity to a…
    • Hi, have found some OS Maps of the area from 1920 and  1912, one clearly show the arcade, not sure about the hut..1174616504?profile=RESIZE_930x1174621391?profile=RESIZE_930x

• The second more to show At Saviour and the Mansion that were also mentioned...

• Hi Alessandra. I would like to see the parade of shops on Crescent Road nominated for this list (assuming the shopkeepers are also in favour). The last three shops including Dave's Hardware include (what look like) original features - it would be a great shame if they were reglazed unsympathetically, or the glazed green tiling was lost.

Not quite in Alexandra ward but (what I think is) the last remaining structure associated with the Palace Gates railway station could be on this list. It's on Bridge Road, photo here: http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/p/palace_gates/index60.shtml ;

Thanks

Grant

Palace Gates railway station
    Palace Gates railway station was on the Palace Gates Line in Wood Green, north London, on the corner of Bridge Road and Dorset Road. It was opened on…
    • About the parade on Crescent Road,  I remember some amazing turquoise tiles on the wall by the shop formerly known as our cottage. They were painted and then boarded over but they are still there.

• Ah yes, I was wondering what that little hut was the other day when I walked passed it. A ticket office? somebody suggested a weighbridge for freight.

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.