This is the title of an interesting article in the Hornsey Historical Society Annual Bulletin (cost £6.50 available from the Old School House Thurs to Sat 10am to 2pm) recounting the life of the Triangle Area around 1945 to 1955. It details a lot of the shops and services around at that time.
Interesting also that the telephone code was BOW for Bowes Park. The author is David Berguer, now Chairman of the Friern Barnet and District Historical Society. (He lived in Clyde Road from 1939 to 1972)
He asks if anyone else has memories of the area from that time. His contact details can be found here.