Dear neighbours

I'm humbly asking for you to donate a small fraction of your beer/coffee money to help Edible London continue its work in the community and to sustain its growth.  I've been volunteering with the organisation at Ally Pally since lockdown, alongside other neighbours and local residents of all ages and backgrounds.

As government funding for local authorities to tackle the Covid-19 crisis dries up and the economic fallout of lockdown starts to hit home, now more than ever there's a growing need to support the vulnerable in the local community.  Edible London's partnership with Haringey Council is drawing to a close and it now needs your support to find a new redistribution centre so it can continue its valuable work to reduce food waste and tackle food poverty. 

If everyone in Haringey could give just £1, the crowdfunding target of £100,000 would be more than tripled.  It just makes you think what can be achieved with just a small individual effort if we can all unite behind a single good cause.  (An interesting - maybe shocking - fact is that the top 6 highest paid players and the manager at Spurs each earn more in a week than the entire crowdfunding target of £100,000.)

If lockdown has taught me anything, it's just what a topsy turvy world we live in and how we need to focus our priorities on what's important to us and to our local community.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

https://bit.ly/EL-DonateNow

PS - With a small team of volunteers, I led the filming of the crowdfunder video - enjoy!

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks, Ming, I will definitely donate. There is going to be so much support needed from ordinary people this autumn, when so many central support schemes stop.

• Such a brilliant project Ming - I'd be happy to donate.

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.