For anyone else who didn't realise - the Post Office on Brownlow Road N11 closed temporarily on 16th April.  The link I received is at the bottom of the page and I've copied the text for convenience. I'm not sure why it's gone to consultation - I think worth us all keeping an eye on.

We are writing to inform you that, regrettably, due to unforeseen circumstances the above branch closed temporarily on Thursday, 16 April 2020. Please accept my apologies for the late notification on this occasion.
Currently it is unclear how long this branch will remain temporarily closed. The Coronavirus pandemic is clearly having a big impact on all businesses countrywide and things are changing daily, however we can assure you that we will continue to work to find a solution that will restore Post Office services to the local community.

If you have any questions you would like to raise about this matter, please write to me via the National Consultation Team at the address shown at the end of the letter. Please note that your comments will not be kept confidential unless you expressly ask us do so by clearly marking them “In Confidence”.

Any future changes to service provision would be handled in line with our Principles of Community Engagement. A copy is available at the end of this letter.

Posters will be displayed in the branch to inform customers.

It would be helpful if you could share this information with any local groups or organisations that you know within the community, for example on noticeboards, local charities and in GP surgeries, to help our customers and your constituents understand what is happening to the Post Office in the local community. If you would like a supply of these posters please let us know.
We hope that our customers will continue to use Post Office services at any convenient branch. You can also use our Branch Finder tool, Post Office Branch Finder for the latest available branch information.

We apologise for the inconvenience the temporary closure may cause.

Yours faithfully
Mohammed Islam
Change Manager
How to contact us: comments@postoffice.co.uk postofficeviews.co.uk FREEPOST Your Comments

https://www.postofficeviews.co.uk/national-consultation-team/brownlow-road-n11-2dn-123004/

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Does anyone know whether the Brownlow Road post office has reopened? Such a huge benefit to the community having this post office and it would be a significant blow if the closure becomes permanent.

• Yes the post office is open and has been for a few weeks. I believe the hours are slightly reduced but otherwise up and running as normal with same two helpful gentlemen.

• Thanks Maggy - that is such welcome news.

• Thanks for this, Deirdre - the letter doesn't make clear what the reason for the closure is - apparently not just covid-19. It would be a huge, huge loss for the post office to close permanently - where do they propose you go instead? The people running it have always been so helpful, and it's always busy, though without the huge queues you get in Muswell Hill.

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.