9193114069?profile=RESIZE_400xResidents will be extremely relieved to see that this has started. Is the dropped paving low enough for mobility scooters?

The Council is also going to consult on the 'removal of footway parking' in the borough. Crescent Road and Palace Gates Road are at the top of the list in batch 1 of roads in the consultation. Presumably the consultation is not about whether it is needed or not?!

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/parking-roads-and-travel/parking/parking-and-traffic-enforcement/footway-parking

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• All - the policy has now been published, and it looks like Crescent Road and Palace Gate Road are now in the 'Reserve location' (Table 6 Annex D). I will try to find out what it means.....

https://www.minutes.haringey.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=118&am...

Agenda for Cabinet on Tuesday, 18th April, 2023, 6.30 pm
    All published information, including reports, for Agenda for Cabinet on Tuesday, 18th April, 2023, 6.30 pm
  •  Is it just on footway parking? 

• Hi all - finally an update on this: the footway parking policy will be presented at discussed at the 18/04 Cabinet meeting. The document will be available on the Cabinet meeting webpage roghly a week earlier. Members of the public can make a deputation on an issue on the agenda. In case you should contact the Cabinet Committees Office, supplying a brief statement setting out what you want to say, by 10am three clear working days before the meeting - for example Tuesday for a meeting on the following Monday. Details here

11002456097?profile=RESIZE_930x

Committee details - Cabinet
    Description of the purpose and membership of Cabinet
  • All - I have also received an update on the pavement parking consultation that was announced last September. This is the latest response I have received from officers :

The Parking Team are work towards the production of the footway parking policy and understanding the many facets that make up this area including equalities and new guidance issued by DfT earlier this year. It is anticipated that the policy will be presented to Cabinet in the second quarter of this coming financial year (2022/2023 ) with public consultations starting once the policy has been approved.

I can confirm for you engineers are steadily working through the 101 roads, capturing the site information, analysing this information to understand what options can be proposed for each affected road. Once the policy is in place, officers will contact Councillors and provide the opportunity for comment before public consultation is undertaken.

Please get in touch if you have any comment.

• Hi Ade,

policy making is done by the Council Cabinet. Here is the link to the Haringey Cabinet: https://www.haringey.gov.uk/local-democracy/how-decisions-are-made/.... You will also find the list of cabinet responsabilities and portfolios.

Jon Burke has been the Cabinet member in Hackney Council for sustainability and energy until February this year, and I think is in this capaciy that he has worked on a ETP. Bear in mind that each Council has a different Cabinet composition with slightly different roles or portfolios.

Haringey latest Transport Strategy is dated 2018, this below is the page to it, with links on the left to other initiatives that one way or another are impacting transport , traffic and air quality. The one closer to what you are looking for is probably under the Haringey Streetspace Plan heading, but again is a list of temporarely measures mostly implemeted in the urgency  of Spring 2020 but not a coherent plan.

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/parking-roads-and-travel/travel/haringe...

The Cabinet | Haringey Council
    What is the Cabinet?How do the Cabinet make decisions?The Forward PlanWhen does the Cabinet meet?DeputationsWhat is the Cabinet?The Cabinet is a grou…
  • Hi Alessandra,

Who is actually in charge of formulating and carrying out an Emergency Transport Plan in Haringey?

Is it councillors - as in Hackney where Jon Burke formulated the ETP - or is it Highways Officers? 

Who decided that parking removal and LTNs should be done successively rather than being dealt with in one comprehensive, urgent ETP which would be cheaper, quicker and better for health?

Can you advise who should be held legally responsible for having teken no emergency steps to reduce air pollution & car congestion in Haringey in 2021?

• Dear Ade, apologies for the delay in answering, I have been away and for some reason the browser did not allow me to access the site from abroad. In the meantime though I have received teh following update on the pavement parking removal:

1. Highways have commenced surveying the roads where pavement parking is provided in order to assess the clear footway widths available taking into account street furniture, overhanging foliage, parking practices etc. A separate pavement parking policy is being prepared which will look at government guidance and set out the criteria that will be applied to determine whether the parking needs to be removed and to what degree. This policy is expected to be agreed in the next month, following which Highways embark on consultations where changes are proposed. The Crescent Road/Palace Gates area is in the first batch of roads that will be progressed.  

I appreciate is not much of an update, and I share the same frustation in seeing the lack of urgency and action from Haringey.

• 9553827273?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Jon Burke FRCS who wrote the foreword to Hackney’s Emergency Traffic Management Plan 2020 (5 new LTNs) says:

‘There’s no time left for incremental progress.

The five Low Traffic Neighbourhoods I delivered in Hackney last year were legally implemented. 

The introduction I wrote to Hackney's 2020 Emergency Transport Plan, which the High Court dismissed a legal challenge against from Horrendous Hackney Road Closures on 3 September.

As I noted, in a climate emergency "there can be no question of a return to ‘business as usual'".

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2021/2440.html

WHERE IS HARINGEY COUNCIL's EMERGENCY TRANSPORT PLAN 2020?

HHRC Ltd v Hackney Borough Council [2021] EWHC 2440 (Admin) (03 September 2021)
This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.