Christmas Tree Recycling

Haringey are offering ways to recycle your Christmas tree, please remember to remove all lights and decorations.

1. If you receive a green garden waste collection you can cut your tree into smaller pieces (maximum length 1 metre or 3 feet) and put it out for collection. It is essential that your tree is cut into smaller pieces, otherwise it cannot be collected
  2. Christmas trees can also be taken to Haringey's Reuse and Recycling Centre in Wood Green - Western Road , N22 6UG.
    • Opening times: Monday to Sunday, 8.30am to 4pm (closed Christmas day, Boxing day and New Years day)

Alternatively, you can take them to designated sites in certain parks - this is only offered for four weeks after Christmas Day. This service will be available at:

• Albert Recreation Ground
  • Down Lane Park
  • Bruce Castle Park
  • Downhills Park
  • Priory Park
  • Finsbury Park

The Gardens Residents’ Association at Doncaster Gardens will also have a Christmas tree recycling point.

Please see the Haringey website at: 

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/environment-and-waste/refuse-and-recycling/recycling/christmas-tree-recycling

Gritting over Christmas

We may be having an unseasonably warm time leading up to Christmas, but the British weather is anything but predictable.

To find out more about how Haringey Council treats roads and pavements during frost, snow and ice conditions to keep them as safe to use as possible, and to see where your nearest gritting bins are and the gritting priority for your road, please click the following link:

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/parking-roads-and-travel/roads-and-streets/road-care-and-maintenance/road-and-street-gritting

..and many happy wishes from myself, Nick and Josh for the festive season !!

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, I will check what's happening with Veolia and the Council, sorry but I don't have a real tree for Christmas so I cannot talk from first hand experience... 

• All, I have contacted Veolia and they have confirmed that are collecting Christmas trees from front gardens/ bin areas on the scheduled recycling collection day.

In particular :

'3ft Christmas trees or smaller do not need to be cut and can be left whole. Larger Christmas trees need to put cut into smaller pieces (maximum length 1 metre or 3 feet) and put it out for collection neatly bundled. Residents are able to place their tree in untied black sacks. However, we do not recommend trees to be placed in any sacks that residents would like returned'. 

I am happy to forward any report of missed Christmas tree collections, you can email me at alessandra.rossetti@haringey.gov.uk, or you can contact /email Veolia directly on 020 8885 7700 between 8.30am to 5.30pm (Monday – Friday) or enquiries.haringey@veolia.co.uk

• Hmm, not sure why mine wasn't taken then. Only mildly irritating though - hopefully it'll go next week!!

• Judging by the amount of pine needles scattered around the pavements yesterday, the bin men must have had a lot of christmas trees to shift!

• I left the tree out in bitesize chunks as requested, but it wasn't collected this morning... Was this just me or have others experienced the same? Not a huge problem for me (I can take it to the tip on my bike trailer) but could be problematic for someone less mobile.

• I came home to find that mine has been taken away. Unlike you, I didn't chop it up as requested (couldn't face it I'm afraid).  Maybe yours will be taken away a bit later this week..

• Indeed,  that is very welcome change, thank you for let us know! 

• Thank you very much for this, Alessandra. It seems that since you posted this, the Council have made a very welcome change to their Christmas tree recycling offer - kerbside collections will be available for ALL properties, not just those that receive a green garden waste collection.

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.