I have squirrels in an inaccesible roof space in a modern house (Sakura Drive) and have been quoted £800+ to trap them with no guarantees of getting rid of them.

Has anyone else had this problem and do you you have any advice or recommendations (e.g. tips or trades people)for squirrel managment?

Thank you

Mary 

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We had this problem. They can do considerable damage. Our squirrels were using our roof space and eaves to nest. To do so they ripped off a lot of insulation from the water tank and piping. Apparently they can over a long time also damage pipes ,wiring and other things. Essentially you do have to have them destroyed and then stop them getting in. We had pest people in from Haringey Council. Long time ago and not this expensive but we also had to put wire mesh around the soffit boards where they were getting in. We tried non lethal traps but they didn’t work so Council used lethal ones which can only be used by a liscensed operative. It worked with the wire mesh installed as well. 

• Thanks Jon - very helpful

Unfortunately the Council can't help me but my first step is getting a builder to check out points of entry

Hope you are Tufty free now!

Mary 

• Ooff! That doesn't sound like a good deal.

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.