Replies

• I do wonder if the current residents should consider some kind of protest, covered by the local press? A day of (lawful) action...? Plus, it may be worth taking legal advice. If you need a moan, you know where to find me!

• I had a letter in the post asking for views on an anonymous basis. I filled it in and raised a number of queries, as I have a number of concerns, in particular for anyone currently living in Woodridings Court. More generally, it's pretty dreadful, in my view, and I do wonder if there will be other intrusive projects of this kind in the pipeline for this area. We may not want to end up like Tottenham Hale, which has quite a few skyscrapers and other ugly developments. Thin edge of the wedge? If anyone feels the same way, do get in touch.

• ps: The pictures of the proposals in the paperwork that I received in the post look worse than the ones in the link that Stephen sent around. The four new buildings are very high and will block a lot of light for the current residents of Woodridings Court, who will also have to put up with increased noise (such as music and shouting) from 33 new flats, and lack of privacy

• Totally agree on all the matters you raise. I've lived in Woodridings for 37 years, and the general feeling amongst the neighbours is that we never seem to be considered. The construction process is likely to be hellish for everyone on Crescent Road and Rise, and probably Albert Road too.

• Many thanks for this info, Stephen. It looks like a much more satisfactory project than most such proposed developments around here, but I don't know the planning details ...

• Not if you happen to live in Woodridings Court.

The "planning details" would seem to be the essence of this matter.

• Ok, would you like to give more details of the problems with them?

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.