There has finally been some movement within Haringey council! We are to meet with Councillor Mike Hakata, Cabinet Member for Climate Action, Environment, and Transport, next Tuesday 23rd of July. Mike wrote to us last week with the following message:
We know of course that you know the area better than anyone and that residents and community groups have raised a number of transport issues already. We want to hear your ideas on how we can improve transport in Alexandra. What would make the buses better? What would improve walking routes? Where would you prioritise cycle lanes? What could we campaign on to improve train travel? How can we reduce congestion and make the roads safer?

This engagement is being conducted in the spirit of the Haringey Deal. The goal is to gain a more comprehensive and detailed understanding of the issues, concerns and aspirations that residents and stakeholders have on traffic and transport matters in Alexandra. The feedback and insights gathered will help inform and guide our efforts to develop a long-term plan focused on making meaningful improvements in the area.  
Haringey will also be initiating a formal engagement later this month.

I'm posting to ask 2 things:

1. If you have any feedback, thoughts, ideas, concerns or any other information you want us to collate and present to Mike, please let us know by reply either to this forum post or by email to healthystreetsalexandra@gmail.com. 
2. If you know anyone else locally who wants to join the group, or you would like to, please share the link and sign up to the mailing list.

You need to be a member of Alexandra Park Neighbours to add comments!

Join Alexandra Park Neighbours

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's utterly ridiculous, Alexandra Park Road is not wide enough to sport a couple of cycle lanes, let alone bus lanes. And the value of the cycle lanes in Bounds Green Road is purely illusory: The need to get round the periodic obstacles in those lanes present far more danger to a cyclist than not having the lanes ever did. I went the whole of my working life without those cycle landes in Bounds Green Road. And they now want to force bus lanes on to Alexanra Park Road?

As fpr LTNs, they waste the world's dwindling oil supplies and sacrifice The Environment/"The Planet" (if you believe in all this) for illusory impovements to selected local environments (in one of which I live). 

• I am VERY  concerend about  a proposed BUS LANE  in Alexandra Park Rd .  

Since so many streets have been close to traffic, and the LTN introduced in Bounds Green, this road, at times has become a line of STAND STILL traffic from the JUNCTION  with Colney Hatch Lane, down to Bounds Green  . 

It is all very well to try to discourage drivers from driving  . .but the reality is people need cars, delivery  drivers need vans , and many  ANTI CAR measures seem to create MORE fumes, more congestion . 

I have learnt that some areas have REMOVED  LTN'S for his very reason .

I sense   that any more measures will be detrimental to the health and well being of residents in the area .

I also feel  , perhaps cynically, that motorists and motorcyclists are targeted as CASH COWS .   

I am 81 years old. I sometimes drive ,if I have heavy loads to transport,I. I  walk  to the shops, and take the bus  at other times.  It is probably quicker to get to East Finchley station by  bus, at some times ,than to  take a bus to nearby  Bounds Green when ,due to so many road closures, there is only ONE route left available to all local traffic .

If I had ONE WISH regarding local trasport that would REALLY enhance the lives of many, it would be a BUS ROUTE  to Hampstead , and the ROYAL FREE HOSPITAL from Muswell Hill .  To get to either on public transport is complicated and  VERY time consuming , and not really viable for anyone with little stamina. 

• I don't see how they can do a bus lane, especially if they cannot make a central refuge for the crossing by Sunshine.

What could be good is recessed bus stops so traffic isn't stuck behind them.

This reply was deleted.

To add a post - click on +Add new Post at top right (if it is not there, you are not signed in - see link at top of page); fill in the details, then click on black button below.

To later edit it, click on the post header to display it, then on +Edit at top right.

If you wish to give somebody your contact details, you may prefer to do so by personal message (click on little envelope at top of page, then on +Compose) rather than putting it in a post which is visible to everyone.

Advertisements

Click on an advert for more info.