Would you like to be a School Governor? This is an excellent way to contribute and volunteer in the local community and, for anyone taking a career break to raise a family, a way to keep your skills current.
We have a vacancy for a co-opted governor (ie not a current parent) at Rhodes Avenue Primary School.
Governors are essential in steering the overall direction of a school. Being a governor is a rewarding role that gives you the opportunity to influence the education of the next generation, as well as gaining valuable new skills for yourself. Examples of what Rhodes Avenue governors have contributed to over recent years include: overseeing expansion from two to three forms of entry; appointing a new headteacher; looking strategically at what the future may hold.
We are looking for someone to join our governing body who is committed and pro-active and part of the local community. We are currently particularly interested in someone who has experience in fundraising and/or strategic financial planning but would also welcome applications from people with different expertise. We celebrate diversity and are keen to engage with potential governors of all ages, gender and ethnicity.
The following is a brief outline of the commitment required:
- Attendance at six Governing Body evening meetings per year
- Membership on at least one of four committees; each meet six times per year
- Attendance at one or more parents’ evenings per year
- Attendance at a yearly function for parents hosted by the Governing Body
- Attendance at an annual Governors’ day at school (9am – 3pm)
- At least one formal visit to the school per year during school hours
To register your interest and arrange for a chat, please email the Chair of Governors at Rhodes.email@example.com