I noticed this offer yesterday and thought I'd share it. The Pavilion Cafe has undergone a refurbishment and has a new chef. There are also comfortable sofas and enough tables for you to be able to spread out if you want to read the paper or have a p
Read more…For my work Christmas party on Monday I am dressing up as Yoda from Star Wars (yes, I know....). I've got a mask already but if anyone has a brown tunic I could borrow that would be great. Thank you!
Read more…Exciting news from the Friends of Alexandra Palace Theatre - namely that the main contractor for the renovation has just been appointed, and work will start in January. The Theatre Trust has been involved in developing the future theatre programming
Read more…I expect many people are aware of the ongoing battle to secure the future of the wonderful 1930s Hornsey Town Hall in Crouch End. The Hornsey Town Hall Appreciation Society has been set up in order to ensure community use and access to the town hall
Read more…The People’s March for Climate Justice and Jobs is taking place on Sunday 29 November. There will be many big marches throughout the world this day to tell the world’s leaders, meeting in Paris, that they must tackle climate change radically and urge
Read more…Here's an update from Cross Safe N10:
We are delighted to let you know that Haringey Council has confirmed to us in writing this week that the improvement works have been programmed with their contractor and TfL Signals to commence in January 2016.
Read more…The Muswell Hill and Fortis Green Association is looking for a creative local person to edit their newsletter, which is produced 6 times a year and goes to all 700 members.
The job involves editing incoming material and also coming up with ideas for
Read more…The consultation for the Green Lanes section of the ‘Mini Holland’ development is closing this Friday, 9 October. It’s a scheme to redevelop Green Lanes and three other major Enfield roads, funded by TfL. There is a vigorous campaign against it by l
Read more…Last week Haringey ditched its 1960s municipal logo in favour of this new one. What do you think? I'm afraid this image isn't great but you get the idea..
I am careful to secure our food waste bin but for some reason, foxes like our front garden path and leave their droppings right outside the front door. Which smell terrible. Anyone got any ideas about what I can do?
Read more…Alexandra Palace will shortly welcome a new chief executive to drive through its ambitious restoration and regeneration plans. Louise Stewart will take the helm at Ally Pally this autumn, arriving at a pivotal time in the Palace’s history - with pro
Read more…The big (and depressing) news on Pinkham Way is that Haringey Council has ignored all the evidence and put the site forward for inclusion in the new North London Waste Plan (NLWP). This leaves it highly vulnerable to being used for a waste plant of s
Read more…We're really lucky to still have a milkman serving the Alexandra Park Neighbours area. I've been using Steve of Palace Dairies for years and really appreciate getting my milk in glass bottles. Steve delivers three times per week early in the morning,
Read more…From Monday 24 August until early November there will be changes to bus routes in the Muswell Hill and Highgate areas because of National Grid Gas works.
The first phase of work will run until 22 September. These are the changes:
The Muswell Hill and Fortis Green Association Photographic Competition 2015 is open for entry.THEME: ‘My Muswell Hill’ - your personal emotional or physical connection to anything Muswell Hill. |
Good news for train users at Alexandra Palace. From the December 2015
timetable change, most weekend and early morning and late night trains will run to
Moorgate via Highbury & Islington rather than to King's Cross. This is the intention,
as far as w
The public consultation regarding the proposed Colney Hatch Lane junctions safety improvements, is now underway. Those local to the junctions (Colney Hatch Lane, Alexandra Park Road) may have received a letter and plan through the door. If not, ple
Read more…The Council's tree officer has pointed out that there are quite a few street trees badly needing water over this period of hot weather and little rain. In particular, the younger trees that have been planted over the last few years will be especiall
Read more…I read in the local paper yesterday that Marks and Spencer is planning to close its branch in Wood Green. This is really bad news for the high street, and I wish they would invest in the shop rather than close it. I like that branch because it sells
Read more…