The aim of London National Park City is to help make London greener, healthier and wilder.
With London National Park City opening on July 22nd, it would be great to have a couple of very local 'opening ceremonies' in our own neighbourhoods. Perhaps w
This is a long shot but my wedding ring came off my hand at some point on Wednesday this week (I only noticed in the evening). I walked through Alexandra Park twice that day and it frankly could be anywhere. It's a plain yellow gold band, just in cas
My son and I had a very good experience on our first visit to Korto, a new cafe on Alexandra Park Road (near the top of The Avenue and Grove Avenue). We had lunch and the food was excellent with a middle eastern flavour to it. I also noticed that t
I have a brand new string of 200 multi-coloured LED christmas lights from Robert Dyas available to anyone who wants them. Collection from the Alexandra Park area.
I've not managed to get hold of my reliable electrician, and as the lighting in my kitchen is playing up, I would appreciate suggestions about someone I can call in the New Year. Many thanks, Susie
Amazing work has been taking place to ready the theatre for its opening in early December. The seats are in and the sound and lighting is by all accounts fantastic - exciting!!
A friend of mine works in a primary school in Enfield, where budget cuts have led to a serious book shortage. If you have any spare books to donate that are suitable for primary school children and are in good condition, please let me know. Thank yo
The gate posts at the front of my house have rotted away and the cast iron gate is also on its very last legs. I know where I can get replacement gate posts made (apparently there's a joiner in Muswell Hill who does them), but what I'm looking for is
Just had a excellent pedicure from local beautician Noreen Halley, who comes to your home and offers a wide range of treatments. She is very professional and turns up on time - highly recommended.
This is the book table at Wood Green station - looking really forlorn and very much lacking in books. A recent shout-out for the book table at Bounds Green worked wonders, so if you are passing through Wood Green and have a book to spare, do add it t